... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Working - Listening

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Working - Listening

I have become convinced that The Mars Volta are legit. I have written my latest lesson plan (for teaching math) while listening to their CD and it just made the whole time much more enjoyable. Sure it’s big and has lots of self-important weird art-rock/prog-rock tendencies, but it really rocks and makes no sense lyrically. It’s perfect for getting work done and especially long bike rides. I listened to it one time on my way to a class all the way across town and I hauled the whole way there. It was incredible.

Another favorite of mine while doing writing or reading for school is Kent, a.k.a. "Sweden's biggest rock band!" I got the mp3's from Jim and Michelle's exchange student, Marta, and have enjoyed listening to the foreign language singing. It makes it so I'm not distracted while writing, but still have something to listen to.

Music that distracts me when trying to do work: Sunny Day Real Estate, Death Cab, Pedro the Lion, and The Dismemberment Plan. These bands are great for in the car or on the bike or playing games, just not for getting work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home