... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Week going fast

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Week going fast

It's already Thursday??? Monday and Tuesday went slow, and then all of a sudden it feels like this week is nearly finished. Such is the nature of our calendar.
In case you haven't checked it out yet, you need to go to Nathan's new blog. It's in the links on the right as always, but this post about marriage (and Nathan specifically) is pretty hilarious!

Today I experienced my first feeling of failure while working in the classroom. Which, is pretty good considering it's already been a month. Or maybe it's bad because I need to fail more often. I was telling them what I saw on their assignments and talking about how to improve their writing and planning. While I was doing this I was watching them look at me and I felt like they just weren't getting it. I had nothing else to fall back on so I just plugged away and mercifully wrapped it up at some point. It had to do with a lack of planning (which I didn't have time for because I only decided to do it a few minutes before), but I also feel like the lack of experience was the main issue. Whatever it was I was both frustrated by it and happy to have felt it. If I didn't notice that they were looking at me unresponsively there would be a bigger issue. Anyhow, I'll try again next time and see what comes of it.
Practice at church tonight for Sunday. I'll get to ride my bike home in the dark, oh boy! The lights I have make it safe, but it's never fun.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, October 08, 2004 , Blogger Nate B said...

Wow, I've never been linked to before. Sweet!! Also, my prior to marraige roomate used to sub and the from the stories told me about teaching you just be glad your teaching well behaved Northern Washington types.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home