... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: 11 hours of sleep?!?!

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, October 09, 2004

11 hours of sleep?!?!

That’s right, 11 hours! If I sleep 10 it’s either an accident or I’m sick. When I finally got up my vision without glasses told me it was 8:30, but as soon as I put on my specs I read the number 9:30! Apparently yesterday’s long amount of time spent at the mall followed by movie watching wore us out!
Speaking of the movies, we started out watching The Fast Runner. It’s about a group of Inuit in the Canadian North. However, it moved slowly, and was supposed to be 2 ½ hours long, that we switched about 30 minutes in. We just couldn’t watch the lack of story or clear direction any longer. Also, I had gotten another movie from the library.Thankfully, this one was excellent. Quiz Show turned out to be even better than I had expected. I remember when it came out in movie theaters (many years ago) I sort of wanted to see it. It was the perfect blend of suspense and interesting characters for me. The suspense was never created with threats of violence or dangerous characters; it was always based on the difficult moral dilemma the character had backed himself into. The only weird part about this particular movie was that it started freaking out about an hour into it. Our DVD player couldn’t read the disc, but we were really into the story. So, we ended up watching the last half on the computer, which wasn’t all that bad. Alright, it’s Saturday and I think that pancakes or waffles are being suggested for breakfast by my better half… gotta go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home