... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: A Reminder

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Sunday, October 10, 2004

A Reminder

That's what the second half (and overtime) of today's Seahawk game was. A reminder that they are in fact, the 'Hawks. In fact, it was a reminder that all Seattle sports teams have the ability to lose a game at any time. The Sonics have never (with the exception of the 96 team) been a team that made me feel like they had put away a team until the final buzzer sounds. Likewise, the Seahawks never make me sure they have the W until I see all zeros and the coaches shaking hands.
I can't blame any single player or coach because they all share equal blame for causing me to yell at my TV shortly before 4:45 pm. As the Rams threw yet another long pass for a TD (this one to win the game) I yelled at the people on the screen who couldn't hear me and then turned the idiot box off.
Part of me thinks its worse now that I have high expectations (a.k.a. playoffs/Super Bowl thoughts), but I also remember how awful it used to be to watch the whole game trying to find out how close to winning they might come that day. All I know is they can dress the team up in whatever hip new color they can think of (although the new unis are much better than the old silver helmet get-ups) but they will still play like the same old 'Hawks.

As a word of advice to the coaching staff: a) bring in Steve Largent to teach these guys how to hold on to the ball and b) when you have first down with 2:45 to go in the game, and your opponent has no time outs, you run the ball wait for the 2-minute warning, run on 2nd down, and run on 3rd down.... this would have eaten up enough clock that even if you don't make the first down you punt with around 40 seconds to play and maybe the Rams don't kick the game tying field goal. ARRRGGHHHH!

Other than the above diatribe I had a wonderfully relaxing Sunday. Church was good this morning and Sarah made enchiladas for dinner, can't do too much better than that! Time for school to happen again tomorrow, woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home