... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Community Friends

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Community Friends


We took Theodore to meet our new Japanese friends from the AUAP (Asia University America Program) -WWU group of students who are at Western this quarter. We met a group of 3 girls and a guy. They were really nice. One of the girls is Deaf and uses Japanese sign language, but she is learning ASL while she's here at WWU. They all loved meeting Theo and each took a picture of themself holding him. I can't wait to get some of the pictures from them and post them here for you. I'm sure they're pretty cute. This was Theo's first international relations experience. He was quite the ambassador for babies! Even the Japanese students commented on how much Theo looks like Andy. Well, we just put Theo to bed after a very, very busy day, but Andy says his eyes are open again, so I'd better go check on him. Here's a cute picture of Theo and my mom from her visit last week. I hope you enjoy it.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, October 13, 2006 , Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

I love that picture of Theo and Judy. At first I thought one of the Japanese students looked remarkably like your mom! That must have been a fun meeting. Were you able to communicate with the Deaf student? Japanese sign language just sounds complicated, but who knows, maybe it's easier.
Happy Friday -love Sandy

 
At 3:04 PM, October 13, 2006 , Blogger SL said...

In response to Sandy's comments. The meeting was really fun and I could communicate with the Japanese Deaf student really easily. She is learning ASL while she is here and would actually teach me some Japanese signs while I was "interpreting" for Andy and the other students who were there, too! I can't wait to see her in a month and see how much more she has learned!

 
At 8:37 AM, October 14, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photo! Judy looks great and Theo looks like a kid from some bygone era...one of those 1920's kids!
DoudDadGDad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home