... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Theo's 1st day in the nursery

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Theo's 1st day in the nursery


"We can do no great things...only small things with great love." ~Mother Theresa~
Today was Theodore's first nursery experience at church. I was a nervous wreck about leaving him, not because the nursery workers aren't wonderful, but because I really just want to be with him. Motherhood is life's greatest paradox. I want nothing else but to be with him and nurture and snuggle him, but sometimes I also want nothing else than to be away from him and have some measure of autonomy. Last night he wasn't too in to sleeping, so he and I stayed up for about an hour from 2:00-3:00. This morning he went to the nursery and was fairly content and even napped for a while when he was there. Andy was playing drums and I went back to interpreting, so we had to be neglectful parents and leave him while we were busy. I am so pleased that it went so well and he had such a good time. I know he will have his hard days and his easy days, but it's very nice for his mom when his first time doing something goes smoothly. Now he has been napping for 2 hours and is just starting to stir. We managed to do dishes, grade Andy's math tests, shower, and finish up some stuff around the house while he slept. As a parent, every moment of napping is either valuable chore time or valuable nap time for the parents to get some rest too. I can't believe how much he's grown already and I somewhat already miss his tiny boy stage now that he is a slightly larger than tiny boy. I know there will be many more stages to go through and eventually miss. I am still praying that I am able to focus on the here and now and enjoy our son.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, October 02, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo! Here's a question... how much are you getting for the 'ads' on your page?
Should I do this? I know I don't get as many 'hits' as Theo though.
DadDoug

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home