... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Childbirth Class Week #2

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Childbirth Class Week #2

Well, I forgot the camera, so there won't be any pictures with this post, but I will tell you about what we learned. This week we talked all about nutrition and why it's important to eat healthily. It was very inspiring. We eat pretty healthily, but we can always do better and I want to make it a priority. The teacher said that the baby's brain develops most during the 8th month, so now is the time to make sure I'm getting all of the proper nutrients and fats. We also practiced a new relaxation technique called Progressive Relaxation. For our normal relaxation exercise, Andy semi-massages my body from head to toe and reminds me to release any tension that he feels or sees. With Progressive Relaxation, he just talks to me and goes through all of my body, head to toe, and reminds me to conciously relax each part. I really enjoy the relaxation exercises and they help me get to sleep sometimes when I'm having insomnia. Here's my list of exercises for this week if anyone cares to join me!
Tailor sit (sitting crosslegged or feet together on the floor): often
Squat (to pick things up or do work close to the floor): often
Butterfly (Andy holds my knees together while I push them apart): set of 5 1X a day
Pelvic rock: (on hands and knees arching and lowering back): set of 20 4X daily + 40 @ bedtime
Kegel: 100X a day
Walk: 10 minutes (minimum) 2X a day
Relaxation practice: 10 minutes 2X a day
That's about all. We also have some reading to do and a worksheet to fill out. All in all, very fun and informative.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, June 23, 2006 , Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

I think the tailor sit exercise sounds like the least work, although I haven't tried doing it yet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home