... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Tha-Tha-Tha-That's All Folks!

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Tha-Tha-Tha-That's All Folks!

And thus my first year of teaching has come to a close. I finished report cards last night and am heading to school this morning to drop them off for other teachers to fill out. After dropping them off I'm also heading to a family from school's house to help them move.

This year went by in about three blinks of my eyes. It was always busy, but in a good way. There are tons of things that I've learned and there are also many things that I found out I already knew! Right now I'm just thinking about having a couple of months where I don't have to tell anyone to stop talking, chewing gum, taking someone's book, give them back their pencil, stop leaning back in your chair, no we are not switching seats today, you have to wait til break to go to the bathroom, where's your homework, yes I told you about the test last week, where is your calculator, give him back his eraser, yes you do have homework!

I'll be working for a moving company (so today's friend move will be a good warmup) this summer and will enjoy the physically tiring but not mentally taxing work. Mostly I'll enjoy the paycheck since the mortgage company, phone company, electric company, and gas company don't take the summer off!

I feel like I can now look at the reflection of this past year and see lots of good things that happened. This picture kind of is how I feel about the year...

(The patient soul who let me attempt to take this picture for about three minutes (because my camera couldn't figure out where to focus) was my friend and co-worker Taylor - he also looks cool in sunglasses, unlike myself)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home