... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: One more day until the recital

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, June 16, 2006

One more day until the recital


Today is Andy's very last day of school. He has a 1/2 day and then there's an all-school family picnic this afternoon. Luckily I finish my work in time to be there and I don't have my staff meeting at the studio until 7:00. Tomorrow is the dance recital. We decided that it would be more convenient (and cheaper for the studio too) if we had 2 shows on the same day instead of a Saturday and Sunday show. It will also be nice for the families to have Father's Day to themselves. I report to the theater tomorrow morning around 11:00 to have dress rehearsal for the 1st show which starts at 2:00. That show should be finished by 4:00 and the next dress rehearsal starts at 4:30. Whew! A quick turn around. I hope it actually works! The 2nd show starts at 7:00 and should be finished by 9:00. Andy and my parents are coming to the 2:00 show then Andy will go home and make sure we have everything ready to leave after the 2nd show. We're driving to Port Orchard on Saturday night to be there for Father's Day and staying until Tuesday to just "visit". I'm really excited about the show. I think it will go well and the kids are all thrilled to be on the stage. I have 2 classes performing and 1 of them will do just fine. The other class is pretty young (1st-3rd grade) so anything is possible. I just hope they have a good time and don't get too stressed or nervous. This is a picture from the Christmas Recital 2 years ago. We danced at the Bellingham Port Festival about 2 weeks before the show. This is my modern dance class representing the "breath of heaven" as Mary accepts her pregnancy with Jesus and goes to see Elizabeth. I'll put up some pictures from the show on Saturday while we're in Port Orchard. Maybe I can get Andy to stick around for a while after the 2:00 show and take some pictures of the dress rehearsal or I guess I do know how to work the camera myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home