... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: He's gone

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, May 19, 2006

He's gone


GrandDad passed away this morning at about 10:35am. I still can't believe that I'll never hold his huge hand again. He'll never give me a big hug and say, "oh,oh, oh" when I rub his back. He'll never tell me I'm the prettiest little girl in the world or tell me that I'm his favortie granddaughter-in-law (I'm his only one, but it still made me feel special). He will surely be missed, but I know he is in a place now where he doesn't have any pain, memory loss, or struggle. Most of all, he isn't old anymore. Working with the elderly ladies that I care for, I have realized (as much as a young person can) how hard it is to get old. I am glad he doesn't have to deal with that anymore. My reasons for wishing he was still alive are purely selfish. I want him to be alive so I can hug him one more time. Not the way I hugged him at the hospice. That already wasn't the same. I will just have to remember the hugs we used to have (the ones where he sometimes almost knocked me over. He was huge!) and never forget what a wonderful person he was.
We love you GrandDad,
Sarah*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home