... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: GrandDad

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

GrandDad



Well, GrandDad is still about the same. He has periods of awareness and then takes long naps. Sandy (Andy's mom) talked to the Dr. and he still feels that Herb won't recover. I have such an internal struggle with my desire to hold on to this person that I love and my desire to see him at peace and know he won't have to deal with his brain injury(ies) anymore. We have all left it in the hands of the Great Physician and are willing to take whatever He gives.

I'm feeling well despite the unseasonably warm weather we've been having here in Bellingham. It's supposed to be 78 today and that would break the previous high temp record. It really hasn't been too bad. I am fairly busy with work which makes it easier not to think about being hot. Luckily the house stays nice and cool, so it's good to come home after a long-ish day. Speaking of work, I need to go shower and get ready to go.
Here are Doug and I putting a "family" badge on the baby at the hospice. I'll try to take some belly pictures this afternoon and put them up tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, May 16, 2006 , Blogger Lydia said...

hi, sl. nice blogging; you put al to shame! I just read about your heat wave though as i sit here marveling at the blood pounding through my body... just rode my bike home from work- 96 degrees, all up hill. wooohooo. that's extreme! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home