... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: It's the least I can do... almost

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, September 10, 2005

It's the least I can do... almost

So, I have actually had the inkling to reacquaint myself with these here internet weblog. But, when I returned from a bike ride today I got an email from my very own mother urging/asking/suggesting that I should use this as a way to keep those who want to be in the know, in the know. Also, since my own brother is using one of my mom's old blog names to post his Japan travel reports then I felt like I could do the same even though I'm not in a foreign country at the present time.
To compress a longer story into a few sentences this is how my summer went: finish classes at WWU, never hear back from many many school districts about applications I sent in, did my best not to get my hopes up about certain jobs, pack up boxes of stuff at our apartment, tell our apt. managers that we would be moving at the end of the month (while having no clue where we were moving to), decide to apply at Bellingham Christian School as a last minute idea, decide to move across town here in Bellingham before finding out if I got the job, thankfully get a job teaching there as a junior high math and science teacher, get ready to teach for the first time in my very own classroom, get a great selection of neato stuff from a gift card that I got from students in the class I student taught last year, taught for the first week at school and still feel okay about being an alright teacher.
I guess that's a run-on sentence, or maybe just way too long of a list. Whatever, it's what happened.
I'm taking it easy this weekend and getting ready for the next week of school... and all the ones to follow. Pictures of school/home/around town will be forthcoming. And yes, I'll do my best to keep updating this, really, I promise!

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, September 10, 2005 , Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

Yea! An excellent report, and I had fun clicking on all your link thingies. Can't wait for pictures. Dad and I have been talking about tickets to a game at Husky stadium because today is making me feel like a "real football game". The cheapest gen adm. tickets are for the Idaho game on Sept 17. There are still gen. adm. tickets available for the Apple Cup on Nov. 19th. Any thoughts? Will you be going to any Jr. High football games this year?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home