... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: '05

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, January 01, 2005

'05

Last night we had to tune in a fuzzy radio station to hear an official countdown for the end of the year, and beginning of the new one. We only could hear it from 4 down so we had to hurry and ready our party poppers quickly. It was once again a reminder that it really is a celebration of one second ticking by; no different from the second that is ticking by as I type this word. Hey, did I use the semicolon correctly in that sentence? Anyone with more clear understanding of the use of the semicolon should let me know, because I think I did it correctly.
Okay, I think I'm going to find some pictures to put up from the holidays. Happy 2005!

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, January 02, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I applaud you for mentioning and attempting to use the semicolon. It's a greatly underappreciated piece of punctuation; however, I'm not sure if it was used correctly. A semicolon is used to separate two complete thoughts which are related to one another. It takes the place of the comma and subsequent conjunction. For instance, instead of saying, "Sally skipped down the street, and she tripped over her shoelace.” you could say, "Sally skipped down the street; she tripped over her shoelace." Not a great example, but hopefully it helps with your quandary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home