... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: I gave myself...

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I gave myself...

an early Christmas present. Or maybe my instructors did. Either way I did really well this quarter and got the grades to match. I won't disclose actual GPA statistics cause I don't want to cause a jealous revolt among the 5 and a half people who read this. Let's just say I couldn't have done any better.
Now it's the last normal day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But because it's the last normal day it is far from normal. I think things like I need to (insert one of six different things I need to do) today because tomorrow will probably be kind of busy. So, I make today busy in addition to tomorrow and the day after being jam packed.
Last night was fun. We went caroling to four different houses of oldies that don't get out much. There was a huge caravan of cars driving across the South Kitsap area and singing carols. We came back here and hung out and ate too much food before finally going to sleep far too late (again).
To offset my excessive eating I helped my dad down a tree yesterday morning. He didn't have any firewood so he picked out a dead one that was still up and went to work. We ended up having to pull it down with a rope and then pulling it out of some branches it got hung up on. After he cut it up with the chainsaw I got to split the larger pieces. I haven't done that since we lived at LM and I had to help Matt (the poor guy who ended up doing almost all of Joel's unpleasant tasks) cut up some trees on Joel's property. Anyhow, it was actually kind of fun. Kind of like swinging at a baseball, only the ball doesn't move and I'm swinging a large axe with a sharp end that could really cause some damage if I don't make sure my dad moved his hand out of the way first. Also, I was much more successful at splitting the wood than I ever was at baseball. Maybe it's just age though. I was never successful with wood splitting as a kid either. Likewise, I played pretty dang well on the intramural softball team last year so maybe I've gotten better with age. Maybe I should give some MLB teams a call. It appears they're handing out money to anyone with baseball mitt this year!
Okay, that was really long, rambly, and disjointed. Time to figure out some sort of plan. I can't believe it's still not very bright out at 8 AM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home