... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: I'm Back Baby!

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Monday, November 22, 2004

I'm Back Baby!

Wow, I go without writing anything here for a couple of weeks and I feel like a stranger on my own blog. It's stupid that I haven't written anything, but oh well. I eventually felt like I had pressure to write something really great or funny or important, but I should realize this is just a place for the unedited and free flow of my thoughts to be put to paper... or digital form (doesn't quite sound right).

What's been up? Well, Sarah and I went to a marriage conference a couple weekends ago, it was really fun. This one speaker was outta control hilarious. Also, it was nice to just spend time together without distractions around (those would be work, school, tv, computer, games, books, etc). Listening to older people talk about how they never get any time together because they have kids made us feel kind of self-centered and lame. We complain that we don't have much time together and we have zero kids (or pets for that matter). We manage to clutter our schedules with activities for just the two of us. I'm sure I'll look back and think that I was a big weenie right now. I only have to do my homework, not make sure everyone does their homework!
Also, we went ice skating with some friends from school for a birthday party of theirs. It was fun, but I am always reminded of why I am so impressed by hockey players every time I step on the ice. It's amazing what they do (when they aren't having labor disputes) with the stick and puck.

Today in class I wanted to just ride my bike off into some sunny and non-school related land of constant leisure. It's lame to want to drop everything and sit around when I really don't have all that bad a class load. I just miss the days of being in the elementary schools and kind of feel tied down by the classes up on campus. I know I still have a lot to learn, but sometimes I'm not sure what I'm learning.
However, if you want to read some funny stuff about our program go to Joe's unofficial PostBac X (we're the tenth group to do this program) web page. If you go to the comic page you'll see one he did about me (kind of). Also, I'm in a couple of the pictures on the picture page. Joe is really funny and if you don't understand a joke it's because it's only intended for those of us in the program to understand.

Alright, I need to head off to the afternoon class... it's a long ride, but I might just have Joe (mentioned above) give me a ride from his house cuz it's pretty rainy out there. Just two more days and then it's time to talk turkey!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, November 27, 2004 , Blogger Nate B said...

Thomas,
I share your feelings of trepidation. The problem is multiplied when you consider their hot start in years past. But I say we should enjoy this season of Sonic excellence, even if it is an indian summer of sorts. I mean, what else do we as Seattle sports fans have to root for these days? Husky football is god awful, the Seahawks are making a case for most underachieving team ever and the Mariners are on the brink of signing not one, but two old and injury prone first baseman. The only things left are the sweet jump shot of Ray Allen and the amazing athleticism of Nate Robinson. So enjoy this early Christmas present from the Seattle based hoops teams because this may be the best it's gonna get for along time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home