... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Eve doesn't mean night

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, December 24, 2004

Eve doesn't mean night

However, when I was a kid I really was convinced that Christmas Eve isn't until it gets dark. I still kind of hold on to this idea, but I know that all day today is Christmas Eve. Shopping for food wasn't really that bad today considering it is the aforementioned day of the year. We went with Sarah's mom and got lots and lots of food. Now we are hanging with my momma and Sarah is finishing up some knitting for tomorrow. I still need to go buy a beef stick to accompany some gloves for my Granddad. He'll be delighted just long enough and will enjoy eating the beef stick. I feel kinda lame getting him food, but it's really the only thing he can use (along with the gloves, which my mom actually got for him).
So it's just a trip to see the grandparents, quick stop at Target, chowder at Sarah's parents', church at 9:00, waiting for Dad to get home with Danny from Seattle, possibly picking up Tyler and his friends at the ferry, opening gifts from back East, and then we can go to sleep this Christmas Eve. I still kind of have the same weird anxious and eager anticipation that I had when I was a kid. I hope I can convince myself to go to sleep so that the night will go faster just like I did when I was younger. Tomorrow will be fun and busy and great, but today has been very relaxing and slow - just right. Alright I gotta check on the fire and keep it going. However, it will be put out before tonight so that you-know-who can come down the chimney (possibly with a bound).
It's almost Christmas!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home