... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Back home and ending the year

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, December 31, 2004

Back home and ending the year

Got back from our family Christmas visit about half an hour ago. Things are getting unpacked, mail is being opened, and soon life will return to normal. But not quite yet. We are going to a New Year's Eve party in about and hour so we have to touch base here and head right out. No rest for the weary.
I took far too many pictures during our time visiting our families so I'll probably put a few up here to show what happened. Of course, it's pretty easy to figure out what we did. We stayed up late, had fun, did things, opened presents, saw friends, helped out with various things at church, ate lots and lots of food, played games, and had a great time! So, we'll finish this year strong with one more night of not sleeping in our beds (we're sleeping at our friends' house so that we don't have to be on the road with all the crazies).
This year really went by fast. When we came home last year it was a few days later and snowing like crazy. I still remember driving up I-5 from Mt. Vernon at 20 mph and still being worried that the snow/ice on the road would pull me off to the side. This year's drive back was much easier and quite pretty with clouds and the setting sun. I need to go unpack some and put on some pants! I'm wearing shorts for reasons unbeknownst to me. Happy End of Year!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home