... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Mother's Day Weekend

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, this was a usual Mother's Day weekend for us. It seems that something always happens on this holiday that is hard, but makes us all realize how important family is and how blessed we really are. Last year, Andy and I miscarried our first baby. That was the scariest and most tragic personal event I had ever experienced. It's strange to think that it happened a year ago. As I type this, I can look down at my ever-expanding tummy and thank God for the miracle that this child is. I honestly never thought it would happen again. I do still long for the day when I can meet our first child and I do still ask the question, "why?". I will never know. This year, Andy's GrandDad fell and head a bad head injury on the Wednesday before Mother's Day. By Thursday morning he was comatose in the hospital and we didn't know what to expect. We headed down to Tacoma to be with him and Andy's family on Thursday afternoon. Over the next 3 days he went from a complete coma with no response to tracking us with his eyes, waving, making some speech-type sounds, and being aware of us off and on. I just talked to Andy's mom and GrandDad was sleeping peacefully when they went home last night to get some sleep. I know he is in God's very capable and loving hands, but I do wish we could still be with him. As Andy said last night, "Thank you Lord for the chance to say Goodbye if that's what we had to do this weekend." There are still so many unknowns. On a happier note, it was a very exciting Mother's Day for me because I have realized how soon this baby will be here. I love being with our families and I love the closeness that we all share. I only hope I can be a loving and diligent mother like my mother is to me. Well, I need to head to work. I'll put up some pictures later. Blogger isn't working so well right now.
Thanks for listening,
S*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home