... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: T - 28

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Thursday, August 03, 2006

T - 28


I taught dance camp again today from 10am-4pm. It wasn't really too bad. When I woke up this morning I didn't feel very well, so I assumed it would be a tough or at least overly tiring day. It was actually lots of fun. The kids we have this year are incredibly attentive and very good listeners. During my lunch break, I met with Betty's (an old co-worker and friend from the D/HH program in Anacortes) daughter, Angelita, from Santa Cruz. She designed an Asian/Mei Tai style baby carrier for herself when her daughter was born 5 years ago and now she hand sews and sells them. I had seen them on her website and really wanted one. They are supposed to be much better for the mother's back and shoulders and they are supposed to support the baby's spine properly by keeping their legs either crossed under themselves or wrapped around the mother at a 90 degree angle (like they normally are when you hold a baby with your arms). You aren't supposed to carry them facing outward (as many baby carriers do) since it doesn't support their legs and puts lots of strain on their back. When they are older and more curious about the world, you can carry them on your back or hip with this carrier, too. Andy and I both practiced putting it on and it's actually very easy. I also like that there aren't any buttons or plastic clips to mess with. You just put it on by tying 2 knots. Go to Eden Baby Carrier if you're interested in seeing more photos. Here is a picture of me wearing it with a little baby-sized (sortof) teddy bear inside of it. I don't even notice I have it on, but this teddy bear is also pretty light, so I'm sure a real baby would feel different. Can't wait to actually have the baby and have the opportunity to answer that question for real!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, August 03, 2006 , Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

That's pretty cute. Looks like part of a kangaroo! Just think, eventually that baby that's under it will be in it!

 
At 5:01 PM, August 04, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

now....I'm NOT COMPLAINING....but I'm an old sailor who can't tie a knot.... can this come in velcro fittings?
-Doug

seems we had something like this at one time... what say you SML?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home