... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Hard to Remember

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Monday, July 10, 2006

Hard to Remember


I have been having a hard time lately (since the baby showers this weekend which were really fun) to accept that there really is a real, live baby coming to live at our house. Part of me feels that it is naive to expect or assume that the baby will be born healthy and that we will really finally have someone to add to our family. I am writing this here because I need your prayers. I do not want this last part of the pregnancy to be filled with anxiety or negativity. It is just so wonderful to wash and fold all of the tiny little things we've been given for the baby and I so desperately want a baby to put in them! I have been meditating on a scripture that we were given early in the pregnancy by some friends. This is so hard for me to remember, but so important that I don't forget.

"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." ~Isaiah 43:18-19

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, July 11, 2006 , Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

I'd like to be there to give all three of you such a big hug right now. Please - worry as little as possible. You are in such good shape and full of life. The last couple of months of waiting are such a test! I know it is made even more difficult when you remember losing your first baby. The differences between then and now, however, are too many to count, right? This is a completely different life, time, condition and,even you and Andy are different people, changed by all you've experienced in the past year and a half. We're praying for peace for you and for some days of rest before the baby is born!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home