... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Always on the go

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Always on the go

So this weekend (which actually has been a Friday through Tuesday weekend for me) has been one where I have been on the go the whole time (except for today). We drove down to Olalla on Friday mid-day. Got up early on Saturday and drove to Seattle to begin the unknown challenge of riding from Seattle to Portland. After two days of riding a bike I rode in a truck back up to Tacoma and then in the car back up to Bellingham. I guess yesterday (Monday) was just hanging out too and so was today. Since Mom and Dad didn't go camping in Oregon they hung out with us. It was great to spend time just doing stuff or not doing stuff. We went berry picking and ate some good meals and had fun all around. Now I have work tomorrow and I'm trying to remember what that's like. I'm sure it'll come back to me it's just like riding a bike!

The STP was a great time. Dad, Jeff, and I were able to keep a similar pace and finished on Sunday around 5. Each of us took off with some other group at different times but we mostly stuck together. Dad had a really fast run after we crossed the Columbia and before I knew it I couldn't see where he was becuase he was drafting one of the tall guys who really move. Jeff took off with a group of riders and thought that we followed him and he was gone before I knew it. After one stop I got really hungry and knew the next stop had food so I took off and pushed up the rolling hills, passing people along the way. It was really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. Here are some photos from the ride (taken by Dad) and then some from here in Bellingham. Pictures! However, this pictures are still being a problem as far as format goes... so just one pre-ride photo and one photo of my folks and Sarah in Bellingham. For all the photos my dad took on the STP you can check it out here! Wow, this is all part of the link too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home