... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Aahhh...Home Sweet Home

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Aahhh...Home Sweet Home



















*These pictures are not in chronological order at all, nor do they represent all of the fun and exciting things we did/saw/ate/explorienced (that's right Jennifer....I have adopted explorience as a regular part of my vocabulary) while we were in California. For a complete, exhaustive account, you'll have to come over and talk to us in person. Can you tell we don't travel much? Who was ever this excited to go to California (and not even go to Disneyland)
We've been out of town for almost 2 weeks now and just got back home this afternoon! California was great (and hot). We thoroughly enjoyed seeing our old friends and being a part of Jennifer and Shane's wedding. The kids were real troopers and did incredibly well on the shuttle, airplane, and train that we rode while we were there. They also had no routine, no nap schedule, and no predictable anything while we were there. They both dealt with all of the change of places and faces with the greatest of ease. I am now completely convinced that we could take them anywhere with very little disruption.The only drawback of the trip was that I had convinced myself that I didn't miss our friends CJ, Jenn, and Seth so much. Now that I've seen them (and seen how fabulous they are with the kids and how much fun I have with them) I know that it will take a lot of effort on my part not to miss them horribly everyday. I will be saving up my pennies to make sure we see them before 2 more years go by. Thanks again Jenn and CJ for letting us use your house, car, food, showers, beds, dogs, backyard, sprinkler, TV, Wii, etc. etc. etc and for being so patient, loving and fun with our kiddoes. It was wonderful. Thank you Seth for being the very best buddy Penny will ever have. Even though she can't say it, I know she will miss you. Here are a few of my favorite pictures for those of you who weren't there!






Oh...I almost forgot to mention. We spent the last 2 days of our trip in the Port Orchard/Olalla area visiting family. My mom's birthday was on Thursday (Yeah, mom!), so we went over on Thursday afternoon to let Penny and Theo give her a big hug and kiss and to see all of the gorgeous work they've done on their backyard! The rest of Thursday and Friday was spent with Andy's family and his Aunt Bard and Uncle Ken (from Indianapolis) and his cousins, Sue&Travis (with Theo's new buddies, their sons, Carter and Austin) and Paul&Deanna (with their fun girls Alex and Sam....little Tyler (who is Theo's age) was all done with traveling (they drove from Boise) so he stayed at their hotel with his Grandma & Grandpa...I don't know how we would have managed two busy, little toddler boys!). It was a whirlwind visit, but I always enjoy seeing Andy's extended family and I love all of the energy and enthusiasm they take with them wherever they go!






Now.....enjoy the pictures!

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, June 29, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had such a fun time. And Sarah, I love that you even have a formal wrap for Penny. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home