... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Camping 2008

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Camping 2008












We went camping in Anacortes this week. It was really fun. Theo was much bigger than he was last year when we went camping. This is the 2nd time we've camped at Washington Park on the Thursday and Friday before Memorial Day. I guess it's a new tradition. We all had a great time and it didn't rain much. Setting up was a little bit difficult since it was late in the evening, Theo didn't know the boundaries of where he could and couldn't wander off, and we were all tired from riding in the car. We finally got Theo to sleep around 10 and everyone slept great. Penny was her usual, low-key self and rolled with the punches the whole time we were there. Theo loved hiking, kicking a soccer ball down the hill of our neighbor's campsite (don't worry. They were there for a dive trip, so they basically just slept there and were gone during the day), and throwing rocks in the water. My favorite part of the trip was the nice hike we took up to the cliffs over the water. It was beautiful and just nice enough to hike without getting cold or too hot.




P.S. Just for comparison's sake, I included a picture of Theo from this camping trip last year.

3 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, May 25, 2008 , Blogger Frogs Mom said...

Oh it looks like you guys had a great time. I wish we could have been there with you!

I had to go back and find the one of Theo from last year. The one with the hair. :) I remember reading your post last year with excitement as I had just realized on KC that you were from Bellingham, and then from your sweatshirt that you worked at DFJ and they you were Christians. I'm so glad that we've become friends IRL. :)

 
At 9:04 AM, May 26, 2008 , Blogger sandylew said...

beautiful pictures, all

 
At 9:19 PM, July 15, 2008 , Blogger Cutzi said...

Hi there! This is too funny - I met you guys at the Farmer's Market on Saturday - we were sitting at the same table... and now I find a link to your blog on Michele's blog.

I was sitting there reading and thinking.... "Theo and Penny" - I just met two kids named Theo and Penny. And then I read that you worked for Maluhia? Did I understand DFJ correctly? We've known Kurt and Maluhia for years and all went to church together.

Anyhow... nice to see you again! Fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home