... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Asa came over to play

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Asa came over to play




Suzanne had an appointment today, so we watched Asa. It was much easier than I had expected it to be since Asa was in a perfectly happy mood and Penny slept the whole time he was here! He is such a doll and Theo just lights up when he's in the room. Asa is his favorite little buddy. You'll see in the video that Theo had a really hard time not petting Asa the whole time he was here. He kept telling me over and over, "Asa! Cute cute cute! Asa! Cute!"

Andy's Grandmother's health is going downhill and I realized today that she may be alive for a shorter time than I'd like. I hate to think about her passing, but I know that it will happen someday. She has always been such a joyful, funny, quick to smile person. It makes me sad to know that my kids will never truly know her.

That also made me think about how sad I was when Herb (Andy's Granddad) died the May before Theo was born. Granddad made me feel like I was such a special person and I knew he loved having me around since I was his only granddaughter (He always called me "granddaughter-in-law", never Sarah or anything else. It was very sweet.).

I realized while Asa was here that he will never know his greatgrandpa either (Suzanne's Poppy died last week). I was sad for him. We are all praying for Suzanne's dad and his cancer.....I just want this little boy to know his grandpa. All I do know is that this little boy is very loved by his parents, grandparents, friends, and eveyrone who meets him. We were lucky to have some special time with him today.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, April 17, 2008 , Blogger Papa n' Memaw said...

Asa sure does look just like his Daddy! Must be a little boy thing?
I love hearing Theo speak, he has such a cute little voice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home