... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: My beautiful, wonderful (and active) boy

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My beautiful, wonderful (and active) boy


We had a playdate with a friend of a friend today and I really got to see Theo's personality in action. He is such an inquisitive, active little guy and I saw such a sharp contrast between him and the more quiet, thoughtful personality of our friend's daughter.


It is so hard for me when I see Theo struggling to "behave" in an environment he isn't familiar with. He is typically and very obedient little boy, but I do give him a lot of freedom at home. Perhaps I am setting him up for failure when we visit other people's houses because I allow him to explore so freely in his own house.


I don't want to be second guessing myself as a mother, but being a mama is sometimes so hard to figure out. What is best.....what is right......what is best and right for my particular child???


I guess I will just have to keep praying for wisdom, energy, and discernment as we raise this wonderful child. He IS wonderful and his personality has a special purpose in God's plan for his life. I know it does.


*Lord,

Give me wisdom as I try to be the best Mama I can for Theo and Penelope. Give me your eyes to see, not just their behavior, but their intentions and their hearts. Give me ears to listen to their needs and give me the strength and energy to keep you at the front of my mind each day.

Amen

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, March 26, 2008 , Blogger Frogs Mom said...

I read somewhere recently that kids learn the different ways they should behave in different places.

Theo is so precious and I love his personality.

 
At 8:48 PM, March 26, 2008 , Blogger Frogs Mom said...

Oh and tell me that he was wearing his fabulous bathrobe at your friends house!!!

 
At 10:10 AM, March 27, 2008 , Blogger sandylew said...

I look forward to hearing more about this visit and just what it was that concerned you. You are the perfect mommy for Theo and Penny. That's the way God planned it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home