... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Early Riser

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Early Riser

*This is a picture of the bedroom door. My two wonderful guys are sleeping in there. I would've taken a picture of them, but it's so nice and cozy and dark in there and I didn't want to risk waking them with the flash!

Theo woke up this morning around 7:30, so I got up with him. He wasn't hungry, so I put him in his bouncy chair in the kitchen and got to work on the dinner dishes we left from last night. There's nothing like being the 1st ones up in the morning while Andy gets some more rest. Normally on the weekend, Andy gets up with Theo and I get to sleep while they hang out and do dishes or laundry or whatever needs to be done. It feels good to get to do the same for Andy. It's 8:30 now and Theo just ate and went back to sleep. He'll probably be up around 9:45 or 10:00. That's his usual routine when we don't have anywhere to be too early.

Yesterday morning Andy made me pancakes and brought them to me in bed. This morning I can't decide if I should make him eggs or oatmeal. I suppose I will finish the dishes first and then decide what would be faster. I now know that life with a baby can sometimes be tiring and hectic, but there are still those sweet moments where time seems to stand still and the things that are truly important in life are all the I can see.

I thank God for this morning. Time for me to connect with Him, time for me to play with our son and then nurse him back to his sweet sleep and time to give my husband the much needed extra rest that he deserves. Life is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home