... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: In God's Time

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, August 25, 2006

In God's Time

I have been thinking today about a story I read (probably in Guideposts magazine) about a couple who desperately wanted to be married and, for some reason, couldn't get married when they wanted to. They were both very distraught and wondered why things had happened they way they had. I think they were both in different countries and the paperwork didn't go through for many years or something unavoidable like that. As a gift and to remind her of his committment, the man had a ring inscribed for her. It said 2 = 1 IGT. It was to remind her that the 2 of them would become 1, but only if they were patient for God's timing. Two equal one in God's time. Today I have been working on some Thank You cards while Andy takes a nap (very unusual for him. I'm glad he's taking a break) and I've had some nice quiet time to myself to pray and think about the upcoming birth and actually being a parent. It's very easy for me to become anxious these last days and to lose sight of how long we have waited in comparison to how much time is left. I will mentally inscribe a note to myself across my forehead; 2 = 3 IGT. God knows what is happening inside my body and I have to learn to trust His plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home