... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Let's Hip Hop this baby out of here!

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, August 18, 2006

Let's Hip Hop this baby out of here!

I did something last night that some of you might think was a little crazy, but it was actually incredibly energizing and really fun. I went and took Heidi's Hip Hop class at the studio while Andy was at worship team practice. It was so fun! I've always wanted to come to class, but I know that I don't really look "hip hop" when I dance, so I was always a little bit nervous and embarrassed. I know, I know....those are the feelings I always tell the kids in my classes to get over and just enjoy the dancing. It's a lot harder to do that when you're an adult AND when you teach at the studio. I just assume people are watching and thinking, "She teaches dance?" Well, I figured people make all types of allowances for you when you're pregnant, so what better time to try it out and have some fun? It was great. I was a little too flowy and graceful looking, but I really liked it and actually thought it was very, very similar to modern in some ways. The best part is that I hadn't been sleeping very well the past few days, but last night I slept the whole night with only 1 bathroom break. Not bad. I guess I'll have to start exercising in the evening as often as I have the chance. Well, I am starting on the last few of my organizing (or agonizing as Andy would probably call it!) projects today, so I'd better get started. Happy Friday! Maybe today will be the last Friday before the baby comes? (of course....maybe not, too, but I'm trying to only think positively!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home