... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: My List

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Thursday, November 27, 2008

My List


I'm going to be 30 in February (yikes!) and here are some things I'd like to accomplish in the next year or so. I am incredibly thankful for my health and the support of my family and friends in all areas of my life.

1. Finish losing my pregnancy weight (10 pounds to go!)
2. Read through the Bible
3. Learn to play the guitar & harp at a beginner's level
4. Be able to run 5 miles at a time (I know, I'm lame, but I have to start somewhere)

These are all very concrete, tangible goals. Beyond that I have so many more abstract goals. These are the few most dear to my heart currently:

* To know my husband more intimately and know what truly speaks to his heart during this stage of life.
* To continue getting to know each of my children and to be God's hands and feet in their little lives.
* To allow God to continue healing me of my inherent self-loathing and to teach me how to see myself as He does.
* To continue looking outside of myself and my typical routine for places I can serve and let God use my experiences (both positive and negative) to be a blessing to others.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, December 02, 2008 , Blogger The Horne's said...

Thank you again for being so honest and transparent.
You're beautiful! You have a beautiful family!
Good luck with your goals you have!
And wow..runnning 5 miles would be an accomplimshment in my book...I try to start with 3 miles. Good work!

 
At 8:49 PM, December 13, 2008 , Blogger The Horne's said...

I was going to tell you tonight, that I'd still love to walk/run with you when my back is better. At this point I can't even teach so, I think that means I can run or walk. So...yeah. We'll plan for sometime in January. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home