... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: A Visit from Grandma and Grandpa

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Visit from Grandma and Grandpa




Sandy and Doug came for a visit on Thursday night and stayed until yesterday afternoon. It was great to see them and the kids had a great time playing with them. I also had 2 small dance performance (1 on Friday and 1 on Saturday), so they acted as much needed babysitters while I was gone. Yesterday, while we were all watching, Penny pulled herself up on Theo's little wooden chair. She sat down just as we were trying to take her picture, so we posed her in the the standing position again to capture the moment. While taking the picture, Andy was saying, "This is not posed....honestly, it's not posed." Sandy stayed at the house with me and knitted while Penny slept and I worked on some reindeer overalls for Theo. I cut out a pair for Penny, too, but my sewing machine started acting weird just as I was finishing Theo's. I'll have to sew hers up sometime this week. They turned out really cute. I'll post a picture once Penny's are finished. Doug, Andy and Theo went to the Whatcom Museum exhibit on shipbuilding and to the Children's Museum exhibit about industry on the waterfront. They took some great pictures and said they had a great time. Now, Sandy and Doug have gone home and it's just the 4 of us again. Today should be a simple, relaxing day.....gotta go get ready for church!

4 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, November 10, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

does penny look exactly like your mom, sarah, or is it just me?

gillian

 
At 5:28 PM, November 11, 2008 , Blogger SL said...

Gillian,

Your comment cracks me up because I was just on the phone with my sister and she said the exact same thing!

When are we going to see you? Any baby coming yet?

 
At 11:00 PM, November 11, 2008 , Blogger sandylew said...

I've always thought she looks like Judy! She looks like Theo too, but sometimes she has a really cute Judy face.

 
At 9:49 AM, November 17, 2008 , Blogger Misty said...

Holy cow! Look how big she's getting!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home