... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Much to be Thankful for

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Monday, November 26, 2007

Much to be Thankful for














We spent our Thanksgiving days off in the Port Orchard/Olalla area visiting our families. The Olalla Lewises (Andy's parents) have just recently moved into their new house and invited all of us (my extended family included) to Thanksgiving at their home. There were 16 people total and more food than any amount of people could have eaten! There were actually much fewer leftovers than I had predicted and we even ate a couple of the pies (I think there were only 4 pies left....we started with 7 and a fruit crisp!). Theo had a great time visiting with everyone and playing with all of the cool stuff in Uncle Danny's room.

We spent Friday and most of Saturday hanging out with my parents. Andy and my Dad watched (way too much!) football and my Mom and I did some sewing. I had a small project to finish for the dance recital and we made a wrap-style baby carrier. I had been wanting one, but they're so expensive, so we went to Joann Fabrics and bought enough material to make 6 for less than 1 store bought wrap. I'll keep 3 and either sell or give 3 away. I have used the wrap twice since we got home on Saturday and even Theo likes to be snuggled up in it. I can't wait for a tiny, new baby to cuddle up in its soft layers.

Now it's back to the daily grind. The weather here is wet, cold, and pretty uncomfortable, but my brave and wonderful husband continues to commute on his bike with no complaints. I still often wonder how exactly I came to be married to such a great person. Theo and I worked our longest day today (9:30am-2:00pm at school and 2:30pm-3:30pm at a client's house). He slept for 2 hours this afternoon (unheard of for him) and still went to bed around 8:30! It's 9:15 and I'm about to turn in myself. I'm at the stage of pregnancy where I feel great most of the time, but I certainly don't stay up any later than I have to.

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and realize how much you have to be thankful for. We are just thankful to be enjoying life in our little house with our little family and our huge blessings.

P.S. Christmas is coming!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home