... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: A Gift for the New Baby

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Gift for the New Baby


Great Grandma Vi (my dad's mom) sent us a beautiful gift for the new baby yesterday. She made a purple and white quilt with all sorts of cute quilt blocks. The picture doesn't do it justice, but here is a picture anyway.


Seeing a gift made just for the baby made me really excited. With your 1st baby, you have all of these rituals that help you mentally (and practically) prepare for their arrival. You have baby showers, setting up the nursery, etc. With a 2nd baby, the preparation has been more at my heart level. I am thrilled to welcome this child into our family. With Theo, I was so wrapped up in washing the new clothes, choosing cloth diapers, and cutting tags off of rattle and toys, that I was able to postpone actually thinking about becoming a mother.


This time is different. I think that's why every card, little gift, and well wish is so tender for me. I am glad that other people are excited about our baby, too! Only 9 more weeks before we finally get to see who's in there!

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, November 18, 2007 , Blogger sandylew said...

That is a very sweet, old fashioned quilt! Is it ok to call it old fashioned? It's kind of an updated old fashioned quilt I guess, but I think it's beautiful.

 
At 11:42 PM, November 18, 2007 , Blogger Frogs Mom said...

What an interesting perspective. And the quilt is such a special gift.

 
At 2:30 PM, November 21, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...you are DUE in 9 weeks???? Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!

 
At 2:07 PM, November 25, 2007 , Blogger Gregg, Mandi, Lucie, Griffin, Drew and Caleb said...

what a beautiful quilt!

-chlorita

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home