... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Grandparent visit and Theo's first solid meal

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Friday, April 13, 2007

Grandparent visit and Theo's first solid meal










Andy had this week off for spring break. It's been so nice to be able to spend the whole day together every day. We started our week off by visiting our folks for a few days. Doug and Andy took me and Theo to the restaurant where Tyler works on Monday. I had the best smoked salmon omelet I've ever tasted! It even had capers!! My favorite! What is a caper anyway? I digress...

Theo seems really interested in our food (and had been showing more and more interest in what I was eating for the last week or so), so we decided to let him try some food himself. We fed him small bits of smashed avocado. He ate it and seemed like he wanted more, but he always makes this weird, confused face when the food first goes into his mouth. It is very funny to watch. We fed him more avocado on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and tried bits of banana on Thursday, too. I would say that he like the avocado most at this point, but he still seems to greatly prefer his mamamilk over the real people food anyway.

We had a great time visiting with our families and Theo even had a chance to do some telecommuting with his Papa. He loves taking our glasses off our faces, so I'm not surprised that he liked Papa's headphone for work.

We came home mid-week and have been lazing about since then. Theo has been sleeping well which means we have been sleeping well, too! Time off is definitely one of the assets of being in a teacher's family!

I'm mostly glad that Theo and his Daddy had lots of time together this week (I went to work alone a few times and even had breakfast with a friend one day!). He is growing up so fast (see how big his feet are in the last picture...oh wait, those are my shoes!). He will be a big boy before we know it, so we're doing our best to capture and enjoy this brief time of his littleness.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, April 14, 2007 , Blogger Andrew said...

He'll grow up fast, too. My shoe size always matched my age...I finally maxed out at 14! I hope his feet don't get that big. It's hard finding shoes that big sometimes...especially in Japan!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home