... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: A Real Date!

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Real Date!



Andy and I are going on a real date today! A few students from his 8th grade class (and a few moms, too!) are going to take care of Theo so we can go out to a nice dinner. I got a dress (from Goodwill...nothing fancy) and we have a gift certificate to a nice place downtown. We will be leaving in about an hour and I am so excited. It's nice to know that Theo will have a great time with all of those girls doting on him while we're gone.

We've had a pretty relaxed Saturday. I made cute cookies for the Palm Sunday bake sale tomorrow. The 5th/6th grade class at church is raising money to buy fruit trees for low-income women in Mozambique. One of our church members is a missionary there. I think the cookies turned out well and I hope the kids raise lots of money.

Well, I need to go get Theo all packed for his fun afternoon/evening. We'll be away from him for 4 hours, so we have to have lots of extra diapers and clothes just in case. Daddy and Theo are having fun practicing sitting up. We are excited to have some time alone, but we'll miss our little buddy, too.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, March 31, 2007 , Blogger sandylew said...

yay! Hope you're having a great time. I'd love to see a picture of Theo's babysitting team. The new picture of him is just about the cutest one yet! And, the cookies look yummy.
xoxoxox,
g'malew

 
At 7:24 PM, March 31, 2007 , Blogger SL said...

We forgot to leave a camera with his babysitters (we did talk about it before we left the house, but we both forgot!), so you'll just have to imagine how much fun they had. We ended up picking him up a 1/2 hour early. I guess I'm still not very good at being away from him. He wouldn't eat a drop for them, but he wasn't too fussy either.
Sarah*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home