... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: I'm glad I'm married

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, January 13, 2007

I'm glad I'm married

Because I get really bored on these days when Sarah and Theo are off gallivanting about the countryside, or in this case Orcas Island. The zenith of my day was when I found two boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats at Deals Only that weren't past their date yet! I also made sure to eat quite a bit of that same cereal because it's easy to pour cereal into a bowl and I wait until I'm crazy hungry to actually eat.
I did have one responsibility today at church. I ran sound for a memorial service and will get paid. I probably would have done it for free, but the money is always welcome. It was interesting to be at a service for someone I think I may have seen once or twice at church, but didn't actually know. I felt like I was intruding on their private time to remember and grieve (of course I was in the sound booth which made it really feel like I was spying on them).
That will have to constitute my church-going for the weekend because I am going to my friend's house to watch the Seahawks play tomorrow morning at ten a.m. His wife is out of town this weekend too, so we'll be hanging out together for most of the day watching football. Then we'll come back here because we are hosting small group at our house. This means that tomorrow will fly by compared to today and will be infinitely more enjoyable. By the time the football games are over tomorrow Sarah and Theo will be on their way back home! I do miss them, but I'm going to appreciate the night of uninterrupted sleep (especially since I'm trying to get rid of a cold).
Speaking of sleep, I need to get to bed at some point. First the dishes, then the sleeping. Actually, I need Todd to quit barking at people closing their car doors outside, then I need to do the dishes, then I need to go to bed. Go!

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, January 14, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh,the moments of 'freedom'!! I think I remember those times!?!?? GO SEAHAWKS!!! I'm tempted to show it on the big screen at church....IF things go well!
DadDoug

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home