... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: The precious extra hour of the day

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The precious extra hour of the day

People are always saying that they wish there were more hours in the day. The day before time does the "fall back" is the only day that we really get to experience this. Unfortunately for Andy, he's still feeling kindof sickly, so he went to bed at 9:30 (current time) which means he really went to bed at 8:30! What an old fogey! I know it's best for him though. Theo wasn't sleepy yet, so we cuddled, nursed, and rocked until 10:30 (current time) and I just put him down in his bed next to Andy. This last hour together has been so precious. He wrapped his little hands around my neck and I could bury my nose in his warm, baby-smelling hair. He has grown so much and is so heavy, especially when he falls asleep on me. I had a blanket wrapped around the two of us and I would've been happy sleeping there all night, but I know I would've felt stiff in the morning and he tends to wiggle when he sleeps, so I probably wouldn't have slept soundly anyway. Just wishful thinking on my part. I know his tiny baby stage will be over before we know it, so I really appreciated this special hour to savor this time. Motherhood is such a pendulum, ever swinging between uphoric love and frustrated loathing. There is comfort in knowing that, if I'm not there right now, I'll always be on the upswing soon! Now I'm off to bed to cuddle with my other favorite boy, Andy. Goodnight. DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home