... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: The Family Circus

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Family Circus


We have lots of visitors this weekend. For some reason, our families can't seem to stay away from Theodore for too long. It is so sweet to see them snuggling and patting him. They almost have to make a schedule to keep from fighting over who gets to hold him next. I think my arms will be a little sad this weekend because we've all only been awake for an hour and I already ache to hold him. I guess I got to hold him all I wanted through the night. I guess lots of people don't like the night waking, but I think of it as special Mommy/Theo time. It's the only time of the day when I don't need to share him with anyone. I can snuggle him, feed him, and sleep with him all snuggled close to me as much as I want to. I wonder why no one ever tells soon-to-be mothers about this special nighttime closeness. I guess our society wants to promote the idea that new babies will change parents' lives in mostly negative ways, especially at night. That is completely wrong. As with most things in life, attitude is everything. I pray that we are able to keep thinking of meeting Theo's needs, any time of the day, as a pleasure and special gift of God instead of a burden.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, September 03, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sitting in a Chinese internet cafe reading about your amazing week. All of the other patrons are wondering why this strange foreign man is crying and laughing. I am so happy for the both of you!Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home