... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: T-15 days and counting!

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

T-15 days and counting!


*Here is a picture of Theo enjoying his new Radio Flyer Scoot About that he got from a couple of Andy's students for Christmas. He especially likes the little bell. It keeps him (and us) entertained to see him walking around on it. He doesn't quite "ride" it, but he will figure it all out soon. He always does.
There are 15 days left in our pregnancy if we estimate from a Jan. 24th due date (our due date has never been firm as our midwife, and we, believe that the baby will come when it comes and that the dates are not very important). I just had to pick a date so I could start my blog countdown!

Theo and I went to La Leche League this morning and saw some of our favorite natural parenting friends! Theo has stopped nursing (for now... I secretly hope he'll start again once the milk comes in for the baby). He nursed once last Saturday, but he hasn't any other time in the last week. It is bittersweet for me. I'm sure I should be enjoying the autonomy, but it's hard to think of yourself as an autonomous person when your belly is housing a little life. It is just another indicator that he is continually growing up and apart from the place he started, inside of me.

We spent our afternoon hours snuggling and napping together on the bed. It is nice that he will go to sleep without nursing, but it does involve one or both of us lying down on our bed with him until he relaxes enough to fall asleep. It took about 15 minutes today, but we were able to sleep for 2 hours, so it was a small price to pay.

We will all be home this evening (doesn't happen very often these days with our busy schedules) and it will be nice to spend some time together. Andy will be home in 2 hours, so I'd like to have the chores and dinner finished by then. If I'm finished, we can have a nice, relaxing evening together. I think that's a goal worth working for!

So far, no productive contractions or other indicators that the baby will be coming soon. My body is sore sometimes and I can feel my energy decreasing and my need for rest is more and more evident. I am trying to spend these last few weeks playing with Theo, working when necessary, eating well, and giving myself time to rest and grace when I don't accomplish the tasks I think I should.

I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, January 10, 2008 , Blogger Frogs Mom said...

Oh that is the same one we have! Theo can pretend he's home when he comes over today. ;)

It's hard to believe that your new little one is coming soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home