... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: My growing independence

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My growing independence

Mom made me take Theo and walk Todd this morning by myself. I had to strap on the baby carrier, put Theo in the carrier, put on Todd's leash, and get a plastic bag for his poop. We walked for about a 1/2 hour and it went very well. I had nursed Theodore right before we left, so he went to sleep about 10 minutes into the walk. It was so sweet to have his warm little body all cuddled up against me while we walked. Mom suggested maybe we could get a little harness and wagon for Todd to pull Theo along on our walks. I just remember last summer when we took Todd on an overnight backpacking trip and tried to get him to carry some teeny tiny saddlebags. He would barely walk around the block with them on and he was walking about half of his normal speed! I don't think he'd even walk if we hooked him up to something that actually weighed more than 2 lbs. Ann comes tomorrow to give Theo and me another check-up. It will be interesting to see how much he has grown. We have a baby scale that Doug got for us at Allenmore, but we haven't used it yet. Ann said that some people tend to get obsessed with their baby's growth and that we should probably limit ourselves to weighing him once a week. I think it's good advice. Well, I'm off to read and knit for a while since he's taking his nap. He looks so peaceful and content. We really are blessed to be able to be a part of his life. I am getting a little more independent and confident that I can take care of him once Andy is at work and Mom goes home, but at the same time I am becoming even more closely tied to him.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, September 05, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear of your progress towards "independence" as you say. It's not easy I'm sure. Funny about Todd and packs and wagons, made me laugh. I came to work without proper pictures of Theo, so I printed off some on the B&W printer, the results were like a Flip Book, kinda funny, little 1 inch photos. Tomorrow I'll bring the proper 'brag photos.' I'm sure glad your mom is there through all this but she's good to push you along. She's a good mom!
Doug

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home