... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: The 1st Anniversary

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Monday, December 04, 2006

The 1st Anniversary


Today was the 1st anniversary of the due date of the baby that we miscarried in 2005. I guess it would be lying to say that this hasn't been a hard day for me. To top it all off, Theo (our son who we love immensely and are so lucky and blessed to have) has been extra fussy today and I had a couple of extra interpreting and caretaking jobs to do also. I just finished taking a bath with him (1/2 of which he cried through and then 1/2 of which he thought was really interesting and fun). I held him and splashed him in the tub while Andy made crazy faces at him and sang silly songs. I realized just how large an impact he has made on our life. He has changed everything that we are just as his sibling who was lost changed us and made us into parents who were ready to parent another child. I don't want to ever forget the radical difference that first baby made in my life, my faith, and my marriage. I want to use this day each year to honor the very brief life of that child and hold onto the hope in Christ that he or she is safe in the arms of Jesus. Thank you Lord for giving us Theodore and thank you again for lending us that child we never met but will always cherish.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, December 06, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at what can take place in one year. In that case, I have a lot of amazing things don't I?
DadDoug aka GDadL

 
At 10:23 AM, December 09, 2006 , Blogger "On Your Left!" said...

the big lessons in life never happen in school, and when the test is really hard God doesn't keep a grade book, not even pass/fail - just love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home