... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis: Spring Planting

... but you can't take the 'Ham out of the Lewis

What's going on up here anyhow?

Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring Planting
















I planted my strawberry pots today. I'd been meaning to do it for two weeks, but I didn't have quite the right size pots or a drill to make holes for the hangers. It felt good today to get them in the ground and have my plan for hanging them on the fence posts actually work!










Our friends, Anna and Ryan, had this cool box in the garage sale 2 weeks ago and I got it for a steal (they either gave it to me or it cost $1 or something like that) and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, but I knew it was pretty cool. I got the idea to drill some drainage holes in the bottom and make it into an herb garden. I'm growing cilantro, sweet basil, oregano, tarragon, and peppermint. I added a few marigolds to make it look cheerful. The most surprising part about all of this planting is that I did it all (including the drilling) while my kids and my friend Kristin's boys were all playing in the yard (Penny did sleep for part of the time). Maybe I'm more productive if more kids are around. Perhaps that's why God is sending us this new little baby!

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, May 12, 2009 , Blogger sandylew said...

yay for pots and planter boxes! Be sure and tell Theo that THREE of the tomato seeds we planted when you were here just before Easter have sprouted! Three is a pretty good crop!

 
At 10:07 AM, June 05, 2009 , Blogger The Horne's said...

I miss you and haven't seen your pregnant belly once. :-( I'm sad about that. See you next weekend I'd imagine!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home